Vill du bli uppringd?

Ring på 08-661 12 71 eller
använd kontaktformuläret nedan.

[contact-form-7 id="39" html_class="bli-uppringd-form"]
Senstex AB

Saving the environment

Litres of water saved:

Number of recycled plastic bottles:

Saving the environment


There is a lot of water on our planet. Sadly, the main part of this is non-usable water: a massive 97 per cent of the water on Earth is saline. And as two thirds of the remaining 3 per cent fresh water is tied up in ice, a mere 1 per cent is available to us for use. Of this, 70 per cent is used for agriculture.

Cotton shrubs are thirsty plants, requiring vast amounts of water to grow enough to be able to be processed into cotton as we know it. According to the WWF, it takes 20,000 litres of water to produce 1 kilo of cotton. *


Since the launch in the spring of 2015, Senstex “Good environmental choice”-certified products have meant that 400 million litres of water (spring 2018) have been saved. This reduction is based on the amount of cotton that has been replaced by other fibres. For example, the production of our smallest towel (50 x 70 cm) corresponds to a saving of 1,000 litres of water and our largest towel (100 x 150 cm) corresponds to a saving of 4,400 litres. The 400 million litres of water saved corresponds roughly to the annual domestic water consumption* of 7,000 Swedes. Our calculations are also based on a more modest requirement of approximately 10,000 litres of water per kilo of cotton produced.


In our sheets, which have the “Good environmental choice” certification, we use a mix of BCI (Better Cotton Initiative) cotton and polyester made from recycled PET plastic bottles. All in all, including our towels, we have this last year recycled more than one million plastic bottles (see the counter above). As a reference, producing one average-size sheet requires ten PET plastic bottles.

In addition to choosing fibre produced with a less of an adverse effect on the environment, we focus on identifying chemicals that can be removed from the production process and on making sure that the chemicals used comply with the stringent requirements of the “Good environmental choice” label.



Back to the start page